Hear the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series on 106.1 WTAK each week of the racing season.
Due to license restrictions, we are not allowed to broadcast the races via our website online listening or our iheartradio app channel.
You can listen on 1061.FM throughout North Alabama.
|Feb 16||The Sprint Unlimited||Daytona International Speedway|
|Feb 21||Duel #1||Daytona International Speedway|
|Feb 21||Duel #2||Daytona International Speedway|
|Feb 24||Daytona 500||Daytona International Speedway|
|Mar 03||Subway Fresh Fit 500||Phoenix International Raceway|
|Mar 10||KOBALT Tools 400||Las Vegas Motor Speedway|
|Mar 17||Food City 500||Bristol Motor Speedway|
|Mar 24||Auto Club 400||Auto Club Speedway|
|Apr 07||Virginia 500||Martinsville Speedway|
|Apr 13||Texas 500||Texas Motor Speedway|
|Apr 21||STP 400||Kansas Speedway|
|Apr 27||Toyota Owners 400||Richmond International Raceway|
|May 05||Aaron's 499||Talladega Superspeedway|
|May 11||Bojangles' Southern 500||Darlington Raceway|
|May 18||NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race||Charlotte Motor Speedway|
|May 18||Sprint Showdown||Charlotte Motor Speedway|
|May 26||Coca-Cola 600||Charlotte Motor Speedway|
|Jun 02||Dover 400||Dover International Speedway|
|Jun 09||Pocono 400||Pocono Raceway|
|Jun 16||Quicken Loans 400||Michigan International Speedway|
|Jun 23||Toyota/Save Mart 350||Sonoma Raceway|
|Jun 29||Quaker State 400||Kentucky Speedway|
|Jul 06||Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola||Daytona International Speedway|
|Jul 14||New Hampshire 300||New Hampshire Motor Speedway|
|Jul 27||Crown Royal Presents The Your Hero's Name Here at The Brickyard 400||Indianapolis Motor Speedway|
|Aug 04||Pennsylvania 400||Pocono Raceway|
|Aug 11||Cheez-it 355 at The Glen||Watkins Glen International|
|Aug 18||Pure Michigan 400||Michigan International Speedway|
|Aug 24||IRWIN Tools Night Race||Bristol Motor Speedway|
|Sep 01||AdvoCare 500 - Sep 1||Atlanta Motor Speedway|
|Sep 07||Federated Auto Parts 400||Richmond International Raceway|
|Sep 15||GEICO 400||Chicagoland Speedway|
|Sep 22||SYLVANIA 300||New Hampshire Motor Speedway|
|Sep 29||AAA 400||Dover International Speedway|
|Oct 06||Hollywood Casino 400||Kansas Speedway|
|Oct 12||Bank of America 500||Charlotte Motor Speedway|
|Oct 20||Camping World RV Sales 500||Talladega Superspeedway|
|Oct 27||Goody's Fast Relief 500||Martinsville Speedway|
|Nov 03||AAA Texas 500||Texas Motor Speedway|
|Nov 10||AdvoCare 500 - Nov 10||Phoenix International Raceway|
|Nov 17||Ford EcoBoost 400||Homestead-Miami Speedway|
Matt Kenseth's third win of the season and first career Bojangles' Southern 500 triumph has driven him to the top of the Motor Racing Network Power Rankings.
1. Matt Kenseth: Worked his way around Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch in the closing laps to rack up win No. 3 in only the 11th start for his new team.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 118.6
Point Standings: Third
Previous Ranking: Fifth (up 4)
2. Jimmie Johnson: Didn't contend for the lead when it counted but still came out of Darlington with a top-five finish.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 114.9
Point Standings: First
Previous Ranking: First (down 1)
3. Carl Edwards: Continues to carry the Roush Fenway Racing banner and turned in another impressive performance Saturday night.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 92.3
Point Standings: Second
Previous Ranking: Second (down 1)
4. Clint Bowyer: A steady night that wasn't spectacular by any means but continued his consistency.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 95.2
Point Standings: Fifth
Previous Ranking: Sixth (up 2)
5. Kasey Kahne: Had a strong car until an encounter with Kyle Busch and subsequent mechanical gremlins ended his night in Darlington.
Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.5
Point Standings: Sixth
Previous Ranking: Third (down 5)
6. Kyle Busch: Despite not coming away with the weekend sweep, Busch was the class of the field most of the night - leading 265 laps.
HOT at Talladega
• Clint Bowyer, winner of the 2010 and 2011 fall race, leads all drivers that have competed in the last 10 races with a 10.5 average finish.
• Jeff Gordon leads all drivers in wins (6) and laps led (839).
• Defending race winner Brad Keselowski has six top 10s in eight starts, including two wins.
• Five-time winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. has led the most laps (167) in the last 10 races.
• Matt Kenseth, winner of the fall race last year, has led the most laps (148) in the last five races.
• Tony Stewart has one win and six runner-up finishes.
• Jeff Burton, who has the best driver rating, has finished in the top 10 in his last three starts.
• Kyle Busch, winner of this event in 2008, posted a 2.5 average finish in the two races last season.
• Kevin Harvick has finished in the top five in three of the last six races, including a win in this event in 2010.
Who to Keep an Eye On at Talladega
• Greg Biffle (10.2) and Martin Truex Jr. (14.0) each rank in the top five in average finish among all drivers that have raced in the last five events at Talladega.
• Jimmie Johnson, a two-time Talladega winner, won the first points-paying restrictor-plate race with the Gen-6 car - the Daytona 500.
• Ryan Newman (15.2) and Bobby Labonte (15.6) each rank in the top 10 in average finish in the last five restrictor-plate races.
• Danica Patrick will be back in the same car she won the pole and finished eighth with in the Daytona 500.
A NASCAR doubleheader at Kansas Speedway, GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series racing at Road Atlanta and the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series headline the weekend’s calendar. Sunday’s STP 400 is the eighth race of the 2013 Sprint Cup Series season but only the second on the recently reconfigured Kansas Speedway. Last October’s inaugural race on the 1.5-mile track’s new racing surface turned out to be one of the wildest events of the season. Defending race winner Denny Hamlin will again be sidelined this week while recovering from his back injuries suffered in a Fontana crash last month. Brian Vickers will again pilot the Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.
FORT WORTH, Tex. - Kyle Busch followed his Nationwide Series win with his first career Texas Motor Speedway Sprint Cup Series victory in Saturday night's NRA 500.
The Joe Gibbs Racing driver scored his 26th career series win to tie Fred Lorenzen for 23rd on the all-time victory list.
Martin Truex Jr. had the lead until a caution flag sent the leaders to pit road with 21 laps-to-go. Busch was able to come back on track with the lead and was able to outrun Truex Jr. to the checkered flag.
"These guys gave me a great (car), but if it wasn't for my pit crew, the most awesome group ever," said Busch, who started from the pole. "Those guys pulled out one heck of a stop to bring it home."
It was the second time this season, and eighth time in his career, that Busch won Cup and Nationwide races in the same weekend.
JOHN BOY & BILLY'S WHEEL OF 'DEGA
April 22nd - April 26
Tune in to John Boy & Billy each morning between 6 and 9 for your chance to win tickets to Talledega May 4th and 5th! John Boy & Billy will spin the Wheel of 'Dega, and give you details on how to win! Click below for info and tickets to another awesome Talledega Weekend!